- The herding pen is used to steer sheep into the restrainer.
- The pen is usually semicircular in shape with a radius of 2m – 3m.
- The sheep are herded in. The operator then pulls a gate around behind them pushing them towards the restrainer.
- As one batch of sheep is going to the restrainer then another batch is fed in behind the gate.
- When all of the sheep are gone up through restrainer the gate is slid back through its hinge. This will bring it out behind the next group of sheep so they can be encouraged forwards.
- A raised floor can be supplied as part of this pen.
- The standard construction is mild steel with a hot dip galvanize finish. No power or services are required.